Thursday, May 1, 2014

I thought I'd start my first post on the revamped 'factor' with a custom install I had done.The car is a VW Polo 1.6.This was before the car got sold and now sports a different setup altogether,done by me as well.
The owner of the car,Rafik Mahomed,has a good taste for Hi End equipment as well as good music.Before meeting me,he had his previous system done elsewhere consisting of an Alpine 9835R(which was kept for the install I had done),Clarion's top of the range 2 way component system,an extremely old dinosaur of a 4 channel amp,and a Kicker L7 powered by a Clarion mono amplifier.The system didnt sound too good as the amp driving the components,being so old....sounded old too.It had a few dry joints and a faulty channel and needed an upgrade.

Needless to say,an upgrade was necessary,as the car needed something worthy of its looks as Mr Mahomed spared no expense into the cosmetics of the vehicle both inside and out.As you will see in the pictures below.

So,while visiting my residence one day he spotted this large silver case under my desk,and wanted to know what this case was all about.Yes,it was my Hertz MLK2 set that I had imported and stashed for my own car(when I did decide to eventually get one)
For weeks on end he begged me to sell them to me,as he was blown away by just he packaging.It took some serious thinking and also $$$ for me to let go of those beauties.I was concerned at first they might not be going to a good home,until I learned of Mr Mahomed's meticulous ways and habits.

The speakers were sold to him,along with some Hi Energy coax speakers for the rear,and Audison LRX5.1K and the stunning Hertz ML3000 12 inch subwoofer.
Work that was den included,custom headliner,deadening all over the place.,custom tweeter pods,door panels and of corse the custom boot fabrication.This took many months as I could only build the install after work and my off days and when it suited the owner to drive to my place as he lives rather far from me,and used the car on a daily basis.

 Just a brief explanation of the setup,the tweeters were powered from the A class channels of the amp while the mids were powered of the AB and the sub of the class D section.The rear fill was powered by the headunit.

I think I'll shut it for now and let you guys oogle at the pics.....ENJOY



















No comments: